1. Only Members of the Lake Mirage Yacht Club (as defined in Article IV, Section 1, Club Bylaws, dated January 25, 2003) will use the boats and this person will always be on board.
2. Boats shall not be checked out and used by guests, friends, neighbors or other members of the family in accordance with the insurance policy terms covering the liability for the boats. Nonmembers may be at the helm so long as the member has immediate access and control of the helm.
3. Boats are to be returned in a clean condition that is at least as clean when use began. All deck spills must be cleaned, and debris taken off. Water buckets, sponges, small broom and trash bags are available either under seats or in the dock box at the lower lake dock.
4. All damage and liability from careless use or negligence shall be the responsibility of the last member of record that used the boat. This includes insurance deductible and/ or the actual costs of repairs.
5. A laminated checklist is provided with the boat key for safe operation of the boats. In addition, an additional checklist is to be completed at the end of use and returned to Security Office with key. Comments, as needed, are important to maintain the boats for everyone’s enjoyment.
6. Boats may be reserved with Security up to seven days prior to use. A boat's use is a maximum of one hour and half unless the Security office is contacted for an extension. It is strongly recommended that a cell phone be carried on board for the purpose of time extension or in the event of an emergency. Time of use is from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM. Everyone should be mindful of noise after 9:00PM. If a boat is used at and after dusk, then a personal flashlight should be carried on board.
7. The Security Office (gatehouse) maintains the keys and checklists. Additionally, they have a list of specific members that are checked out and authorized for use of the two types of boats. You need to present your Yacht Club Card and Driver’s License
8. Smoking is not permitted on any of the boats.
9. Capacity is a maximum of nine people and balancing the boat is essential for safety and to avoid taking on water into the port pontoon.
These Rules are adopted by vote of the Lake Mirage Yacht Club Board of Directors as of July 1, 2004. They supersede any Rules previously issued.
-Key turned off and removed?
-Power cord plugged-in within a slight twist and run through boat floor?
-Charger on? Listen for a hummmm and look for a small green light to be on next to the plug. if not, (red button pushed in). Check plug on boat again or check gfi on dock plug
-All debris off the boat? (lmyc furnished garbage bags under middle seat for your use).
-Deck spills cleaned? (lmyc furnished water pail and sponge under seat for your use. use lake water in pail).
-Both lines secured properly (one wrap around cleat and then two opposing hitches).
-Fenders in place?
-Boat slates in place?
Copyright © 2021 Lake Mirage Yacht Club - All Rights Reserved.